Counting Down the Hours
It's 11.13PM and I'm here wondering what the next 5 weeks lie ahead of me. Feelings of excitement and anticipation consume my thoughts as I eagerly await to commence my second teaching placement for the Grad.Dip of Education (Secondary) course which I'm studying at the moment.
I will be teaching Year 11 & 12 Business Management and Year 9-10 Business Subjects (Commerce, Legal Studies, Accounting, SOSE etc). My placement is at a private school located about 40 minutes drive north of the Melbourne CBD in a suburb called Doreen.
It should be roughly a 20 minute drive from my place, perhaps even quicker, since I'll be going against the flow of the peak-hour city-bound traffic (woohoo!)
I do anticipate that this placement will be contrary to the secondary school which I completed my practicum at in 2005. This is based on my assumption that generally speaking, Private and Public schools vary somewhat in their approaches and philosophies when it comes to the whole notion of education and it's purposes, it's principles and beliefs when it comes to things like assessment and discipline standards etc.
It's also going to be a different focus this time round with instructing Bus.Mgt related topics instead of I.T. On the whole, I'm just really looking forward to the interaction & teaching of lessons as I do find great satisfaction from imparting new concepts (and yes, as the cliche goes....) 'making a difference' in the lives of students and seeing them grow and learn.
I love food, and without a doubt, I will miss my favourite lunch spots and cafes in the CBD. I 'googled' Doreen and didn't exactly find many dining options. Looks like I may have to revert to packing my own lunch for a change. Here's hoping that where lunch options are lacking, good company and conversation over lunch will be without shortage.
Anyway, must go catch some zzzzz's now for an early day tomorrow! Stay tuned for more Tales from the Blackboard (Part 2). Cheerio!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home