Friday, August 12, 2005

Day 5 - T.G.I.F!


Guess what?

Yesterday, my supervising teacher advised me that she will not be coming in to school today (Fri). Hence, I will actually be taking one of her classes today (aaah!) and it's going to be a science class!!! (AAAAAAAHHHH!!!)

Technically, student-teachers are not supposed to teach subjects that are not their area of expertise. So this is indeed a surprise. Last night, I put together a lesson plan for today's class. The student's have been studying about electricity and here's what I came up with:

2:30PM - Introduce myself & Missus Tan's class-rules. (This is the point where I bring out the rod!) ;-)

2:35PM - Roll Call

2:40PM - Pop Quiz on Previous Lesson (This is the point where I bribe them with Fantales and Starbursts) :-)

2:50PM - Get the students to continue with their task yesterday of working on a Powerpoint presentation about electricity. (This is the point where I sneak out of the computer labs and run home) ;-) kidding. For any students who finish their projects early, I have to give them the task of creating a 'creative story' (using MS Word), about the use of electricity in the Year 2050. They will then have to create an animation of this story using a program called 'Kahootz'. I must add that Kahootz is one nifty educational program! Wish they had it back when I was in school, instead of the scintillating turtle program called logo. :-P

3:10PM - Class Dismissed. (This is the point where I come out from hiding under the desk! hehe)

This class will be held during the last period of today (on a FRIDAY!) when the kids' concentration is supposedly next to zilch. I'm hoping and praying for some divine intervention (lightning to hit the labs perhaps?) to ensure this class goes smoothly. *sigh*
I'm sure it will. Should be cool bananas. So...stay tuned for my next post, and I'll let you know how it goes! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home