Day 2 - A little bit of this & a little bit of that.....
My supervising teacher was absent from work today as she had to attend a training seminar of some sort. Thus, I spent today tail-gating a number of different teachers. I rather enjoyed today because I was able to observe different teaching styles and subjects, as well as meet new students and teachers.Period 2 - I found myself in a Social Studies class with 20-Year 8 students studying the effect of the tourism industry in terms of the economy etc.
Period 3&4 - I attended a Year 8 Italian Class. Funnily enough, this class used the very same textbook which I used when I was in Year 7 - well over 15 years ago! Even funnier was the fact that I actually understood what the teacher was saying!! Good thing I paid attention in class all those years! For a while there, I was Signorina Tan. :-) Vorrei......!
Period 5 - I attended the Home Economics class. The aroma of chocolate muffins was a pleasant contrast from the pong that commonly infiltrated some classrooms. heheheh :-) One kid put too many blue M&M's in his muffins that all his muffins turned out a smurfy shade of blue. Didn't look all that palatable, but when he discovered he was the only kid in class with blue muffins, he was quite proud of himself after that. :o)
Well, that's pretty much it for today. Hope you've enjoyed today's update.
P.S. Special thanks to Jho & Arn, Raewyn & Brad for your kind words of encouragement!! I really appreciate it more than you could know!! :o) Thanks heaps!xoxoxo

2 Comments:
I want some blue muffins too! :D
Hello David and Tijana....thanks heaps for poppin by my blog to say hello. It's nice to 'touch base' with you guys as I admit I am getting a tad bit homesick from the creature-comforts of 242. :-) As I've discovered with teaching, there's little time for boredom with constant interaction I have with both students and teachers. I find myself quite exhausted when I get home. You may liken it to coming home from a big party where you're all zonked out from too much social interaction. Well, yeah it's a bit like that...if that makes any sense? :)
Anyway it's great to hear from you guys. Hope all is well in SIPM/SITM land. Take care. MT.
Post a Comment
<< Home